Monday, April 2, 2012

Unboxing Loose Button Luxe Box for March 2012

This was supposed to be posted sooner but it had to give way to the Hunger Games series. (It was a no-brainer, at least for me.) Anyway, better late than never is what they say, right? March's Luxe Box is even better than my first box from February. But while the products themselves were pretty good, I have to admit that 3.75mL of something isn't what I'd call a deluxe sample. But at least I can use all of the samples this time! Well, enough suspense and let's just jump to the photos (beware: photo heavy!) and let them do most of the talking:

Wonder what goodies await us this month?


 Standard black and white, minimalist packaging.

 Bottom of the box.

Slide it open and we find the pamphlets for the March box.


 Pamphlets including product information, a seeded (!) card and a $1.00 off coupon!

Happy Birthday, Loose Button!
Seriously, how cool is this seeded card? It was all I could do not to rush to the garden when I saw this.

The personalized sticker.

Open sesame!

 
 Oooh. More Cargo goodies! Definite yay!

Label at the bottom of the eyeshadow pan.

Surprise, it's a duo AND with neutral shades! Double yay!

I was so excited to see this eyeshadow pan. Even more so when I saw that it was actually a duo not a single! Love that I get to try 2 different shades before committing to purchasing a full-size product. Now, I've never hit pan on any eyeshadow before so even if this is a bit smaller, I think it's actually the perfect size for me. Again, very travel friendly.

Good sized sample. 

I've never tried J.R. Watkins and you can never have enough lotion, right? I did take a quick whiff in the bottle and it didn't smell all that great to me, but it's still worth a try. The $1.00 off coupon is a great incentive to purchase, but I only will if it does end up working well for me. Also, I've only ever seen this brand at Shoppers so I'm not entirely sure if this is considered a "luxury" brand. But deluxe sized sample, this definitely is.

This would be a so-so if not for the perfect timing.

Normally, I would take exception with this sample. Yes, it's a great brand and one that I trust but it's not exactly "deluxe sized". It's teeny tiny at 3.75mL (heck, not even 5mL) but it's absolutely perfect to take on a trip, especially if you're trying to pack for carry on only luggage.

Redken is a trusted brand for me so it's always good to have more of it around.

I already swear by this hair care brand, especially for dyed hair. I've found that it's the only shampoo and conditioner that really does extend the life of red tones that I usually go for when I get my hair colored. That's really saying a lot because red is notorious for fading fast. I can probably go 3 weeks to a month before the vibrancy is lost. I'm really happy that they included 3 sachets of both so that you get 30mL of product to sample. That's a good amount and probably enough for someone to see the difference.

 March's Luxe Box loot!

I'm very pleased with the products I got this month. All of these are easily going to get some use out of them. While the OPI sample is beyond tiny, it still meets my needs at this time so I really can't complain. Hammie agrees and says this is a pretty good box for Loose Button's birthday month. He can't even really find anything to knock, plus the seeded thank you card was a great touch! He scores March's box:

9 Hammie Points!

Happy April! Can you believe how fast this year is going by? Feels like it was just February and look, it's April already. I'm hoping to skip the April showers (not a big fan of rain) and move on to May flowers (and birthday month!) instead, but at the rate things are going, April will just fly by like March did! How's your month/week starting off? Which is your favorite sample from last month's Luxe Box? Will you be planting the seeded card?

4 comments:

  1. thesmalllittlethingsinlifeApril 2, 2012 at 9:27 a.m.

    Nahhh, we BOTH have red hair!?! Amazing! You have to tell me all your red hair secrets STAT! I've had red hair (or some form of it) for about a year now and LOVE it! I can't get the color to stay too long. I have found that the Madder Root conditioner by Aveda helps a lot to keep the redness in, but it's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you're pleased with the contents of your box. And, yes, very good timing that they sent you the OPI and you're going on a trip. :)

    Please let me know how that lotion is after you've tested it out. I've always seen things from that brand, but have never bought anything from their line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *high five* Red hair rocks! :D I've had my hair reddish (though still mostly brown) for a few years now. Oooh, I adore Aveda products but they really can hurt the wallet some! I've tried Matrix Biolage, L'anza Color Care, Paul Mitchell Color Care, Frederic Fekkai (another pricey one that wasn't all that worth it) but the best results I've gotten were with Redken Color Extend. I've been meaning to try Joico as well but have never gotten around to it. I only usually use Redken during the first month after coloring. After that, it's kinda moot since the red's bound to disappear soon after. Redken's a bit pricey too, but not as much as the Aveda ones for sure!

    Btw, do you get your hair professionally colored or do you do it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I love how the universe conspires to make things (even little, possibly inconsequential ones) fall into place like these.

    I most definitely will! So far, it's delegated to travel back up lotion (the scent's really putting me off) so we'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...